The goal of Lovell Academy is to provide players with an unparalleled opportunity for growth and development in the classroom and on the ice. We are fully dedicated to the advancement of each child academically, as an athlete, and as a human being and will educate, instruct, and challenge them to be the very best that they can be. Our student athletes are taught to be dedicated students, highly skilled hockey players, valuable team members, and young people with admirable perspective and values.
Why Lovell Academy
No other prep school or academy has the combination of Lovell Hockey’s high level of expertise in player development, an extremely rigorous International Baccalaureate based academic program, and brand-new, state of the art arena and academy facilities.
Lovell Academy is a boarding school that allows players to skate multiple hours a day, engage in sport specific off-ice training and conditioning, and focus on appropriately tailored nutrition plans for optimal physical development. Our program allows student-athletes to maximize their athletic potential by efficiently coordinating training time with academic work and other activities.
The reality of the extremely competitive college and university admissions landscape necessitates that a student have more to offer beyond the prerequisite strong academic profile. The ability to play NCAA hockey is the additional element that makes student-athletes sought after and highly attractive candidates.
Lovell Arena is a state of the art 117,000 square foot ice hockey arena and recreation center. Conveniently located on the South Shore of Boston just minutes off Route 3 in Rockland, Massachusetts, the facility features:
- 3 NHL regulation ice surfaces with in-arena seating for 1,500 spectators
- 7,000 square foot upscale pub/restaurant with views of all 3 ice sheets
- Goalie training area, fitness and strength training center, and a physical therapy space
- 2 Full Swing Golf Pro Series simulators, 4 QubicaAMF bowling lanes, a pro shop, an arcade/lounge, concessions, and a multipurpose space
Adjacent to the arena, the 40,000 square foot Lovell Academy contains:
- 8 classrooms, an art/music room, a science lab, and 2 study centers
- A nurse’s office, a full-service cafeteria, large student lounge and recreation areas, an outdoor patio and green spaces
- 11 double rooms and a chaperone suite on each of 6 residential hallways